It’s Peanut Butter Month-Enter A Peanut Butter Recipe, Try Mine, too
It’s a fun little game to play: Ask yourself about things you’d take to a desert island. If you could only have one book, one record, etc. So think about it, if you had to pick one single food to take to the desert island, what would it be?
(And if you could make up a recipe using it, would you like to win a Vitamix? Stick with me, and we will get to a great giveaway!)
Of course, you have to suspend disbelief, and just imagine you are on an episode of Gilligan’s Island, minus the coconut shell technology.
If I had to pick a food to take to my lonely desert island, peanut butter would definitely be top of the list. Portable, durable, and easily made into treats both sweet and savory, that friendly jar of creamy or crunchy is a food that I could eat every day.
Forage some greens, crack some coconuts, dig up a tuber or two, put together a meal, and that peanut butter would give you a healthy dose of protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Fed, full, and nourished, thanks to the legume in a jar.
In fact, right about now that desert island is starting to sound kind of nice. No commitments, no email, just sun, sand and peanut butter….
But I digress.
Now you can enter to win the Vitamix.
Here’s how the contest works:
2. Your recipes should fall into the following categories:
- Snack Time: PB recipes that give you a quick boost to take on life’s adventures.
- Fit Fuel: PB recipes that power your healthy lifestyle, from breakfast or workout recovery to vegetarian meals.
- Sweet Celebrations: PB recipes for savoring the sweet moments in life.
- Family-tested: PB recipes that get two thumbs-up, from kids snacks or lunches to family meals.
3. Select recipes will be shared on our social media pages for all to see!
4. Winners will be notified by email in late April, with a public announcement to follow.
One grand prize winner will receive a Vitamix® high-performance blender (value of $450)!
Four first places winners – one in each of the four categories – will receive a box of classic and new peanut butter products (valued at $40). All five winning recipes will be professionally photographed, posted to PeanutButterLovers.com and shared with media.
Please see our Contest Rules.
Peanut Butter And Jelly Stuffed Cornmeal Muffins
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sweet potato, mashed
2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground finely
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or other milk
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
9 teaspoons peanut butter
9 teaspoons jam
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line 8 cups in a muffin pan with tulip papers. (If using regular papers, make 9 muffiins) In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flours, baking soda and salt. In a Vitamix, place the almond milk, vinegar, canola oil, sweet potatoes, ground flax and raw sugar. Secure the lid and start the machine on low speed, then take it up to high for 10 seconds. If using a food processor, puree the sweet potatoes first, then add the other ingredients and process until smooth. Stir the sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture just until mixed.
2. Scoop a scant 1/4 cup of batter in each muffin paper. Drop a teaspoon of peanut butter in the
center of each, then top that with a teaspoon of jam. Use remaining batter to cover the filling in each cup.
3. Bake for 35-38 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out with only peanut butter and jelly on it. Cool on racks.