Beets, Cukes and Pickled Ginger in Miso Dressing
Instead of the obligatory cheese sprinkled over roasted beets, this salad gets plenty of umami from miso.
Servings 4 cups
- 1 pound beets
- 1/2 large cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red miso
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Bee Free Honee or agave
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai or Italian basil slivered
Quarter the beets and steam until tender. Drain and run cold water over the beets as you trim the tops and slip off the skins.
Place the cooled beets on a cutting board and slice, then move to a large bowl. Add the cucumber slices and pickled ginger.
In a cup, combine the olive oil, miso, cider vinegar, bee free honee or agave and stir.
Serve topped with basil.