Kale and Kimchi Fried Red Rice with Tofu
For a really fast and flavorful meal, stir fry kimchi and kale with cooked red rice, and plenty of Korean-style flavors.
- 1 cup red rice cooked
- 1 cup kimchi drained, reserving juices
- 4 cups kale, stems removed chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon gochujang to taste
- 2 teaspoons Tamari
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu in water drained and pressed
- 2 large scallions diagonally sliced
Pack the kimchi into a cup to measure, then place in a wire mesh strainer over a bowl to drain. Wring the kimchi out until almost dry, then chop it and mix with the chopped kale stems and leaves, add the ginger and mix.
Measure the kimchi juice in the bowl and add more, if needed, to make 1/4 cup. Whisk the gochujang, tamari and sesame oil into the juice. Place the cooked rice in a medium bowl and drizzle with the gochukang mixture, toss to mix.
To cook, place a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle the avocado oil in the pan and swirl to coat. Add the tofu and sitr-fry until golden brown. Add the kimchi mixture and stir, cooking until the kimchi is lightly browned and the kale is very soft. Add the red rice mixture and stir until hot. Serve in two bowls topped with scallions.