Big Fat Burrito
The ultimate prep-able, packable, devour-able meal is a big fat burrito.
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 large sweet potato french fry cut
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1 teaspoon salt divided, plus more to taste
- 1 medium zucchini julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 large onion slivered
- 2 large jalapenos slivered
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 large avocado
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small pot, bring 1 1/2 cup water to a boil, add quinoa, and reduce to low. Cover and cook for 14-15 minutes. Take off the heat, let stand until cooled, then stir in the cilantro and a pinch of salt.
Slice sweet potatoes and place in a 9x13 pan, toss with half of the oil, the chipotle and half of the salt. Cover pan with foil and roast for 20 minutes covered, then stir and uncover and roast for 5 to brown.In a large roasting pan, combine the zucchini, pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic and remaining oil and salt. Roast uncovered for 20, let cool on a rack. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato and zucchini mixture, add the black beans and toss to mix.Slice avocado in the shell.
On each tortilla, put a half cup of quinoa, a cup of vegetable mixture, and a couple of slices of avocado. Roll up and serve with hot sauce.