Avocado, Tomato and Pistachio Spaghetti
If you crave creamy, try this tasty pasta, studded with lush avocado pieces and sparkling with lemon and basil.
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil julienned
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios chopped
Put a large pot of water on for the pasta. In a serving bowl, mix the avocado, basil, zest, garlic and tomatoes, then stir in olive oil. Add salt and pepper and toss.
Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding the peas and broccoli for the last two minutes. When pasta is done, drain well, return to the hot cooking pot, and add the avocado mixture. Over low heat, toss the pasta and sauce to heat through and absorb into the pasta. Add salt and pepper.
Serve topped with pistachios.