Edamame and Lime Hummus
Take a break from your usual hummus and try this creamy green one, made with protein-rich edamame and a sparkle of lime.
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 10 ounces shelled edamame thawed
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- olive oil, paprika, parsley for garnish
- 6 slices rustic whole wheat bread
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
In a Vitamix, combine the water, olive oil, lime juice and zest, then add garlic and edamame. Secure the lid and start on low, then gradually increase the speed. Use the tamper and Add the tahini and salt and process again to mix, adding water if needed to puree smoothly. If the mixture seems too thick, drizzle in water with the machine running. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
For tartines, toast 6 large slices of whole wheat bread. Spread with hummus and top with sliced tomatoes and parsley.