Smoky Trumpet Mushroom and Squash Pizza
No need to fire up the grill, just use a hot oven and smoky salt and smoked paprika to give these meaty mushrooms a fire-kissed flavor.
- 2 8 ounce whole wheat pizza crusts https://robinasbell.com/2011/07/grilling-pizzas-at-the-mill-city-so-you-can-too/
- 1 cup peeled and cubed squash
- 8 ounces trumpet mushrooms
- extra virgin olive oil
- smoked salt
- smoked paprika
- 1 cup shredded Asiago or non-dairy cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil shredded
Preheat the oven to 425 F. Put your pizza crusts on pans for baking.
Toss the squash with olive oil and salt, roast for about 20 minutes, until just tender.
Quarter the trumpet mushrooms vertically. Put n a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with smoked salt and paprika. Place a heavy baking sheet in the oven to pre-heat for five minutes, then spread the mushrooms on the hot pan. Roast for 20 minutes, turning the pieces over on the pan halfway through. Depending on the size of the mushrooms, you may need more time to get them browned and slightly shrunken. Let cool.
Cover the pizza crusts with squash and mushrooms, drizzle with more olive oil, if desired. Sprinkle with your cheese of choice, and bake for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.