Pomegranate Glazed Roasted Veggies with Pistachios
Give your holiday meals a kick with a new side dish- sprinkled with sparkling pomegranate and pistachios for a red and green color scheme.
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice concentrate or 3/4 cup, boiled down
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small sweet potato cut in angular pieces, 2 cups
- 1 large carrot cut at an angle
- 1 large parsnip cut in angular piece, 2 cups
- 2 cups cauliflower large florets
- 1/2 large red onion vertical slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- coarse salt
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
Preheat the oven to 425 F. In a small pot, combine the pomegranate juice concentrate, sugar and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking until the sugar is dissolved.
Slice the vegetables into long slices, then cut on angles to make interesting shapes. Place in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Add a couple of sprigs of rosemary and a sprinkling of salt. Toss to coat. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes. Uncover the pan and drizzle with the pomegranate mixture. Return to the oven and roast for 20 minutes longer.
When the vegetables are tender when pierced with a paring knife, and the souce is coating them thickly, serve.