Freekeh and Purple Sweet Potato Bowl with Sesame-Gochujang Sauce
Cook extra Freekeh and roast a purple sweet potato so you can make this easy bowl.
- 1/4 cup Gochujang
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or other sweetener
- 4 cup cooked freekeh or other grain cooled
- 1 medium purple sweet potato roasted, cooled
- 1 large avocado
- 2 small golden beets peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small watermelon radishes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch kale chopped
- pea shoots for garnish
For the sauce, place the gochujang and tahini in a medium bowl and stir until well-mixed, then gradually stir in the rice vinegar, tamari, and brown sugar.
Build your bowls, placing a cup of grain in the bottom of each. Arrange sweet potato, avocado, beets, radishes and kale on the grain, then drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with pea shoots and serve.