New Potato, Chickpea and Mint Salad with Pistachios
Cool off with this tasty salad, with mint and lemon to spark on the palate.
Servings 6 cups
- 1 pound new potatoes cooked and cooled, halved
- 1 can cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large red bell pepper slivered
- 1 large scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spearmint packed
- 1 clove garlic peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- mint sprigs for garnish
In a large bowl, combine the new potatoes, chickpeas, peppers and scallions.
In a food processor, combine mint, garlic and half of the pistachios. Process to mince finely, scrape down and process a few times, then add olive oil and blend. Scrape down and add the lemon and salt, blend again until smooth.
Scrape over the potato mixture and toss to coat.
Serve topped with reserved pistachos and garnished with mint sprigs.