Golden Oats with Berries
Anti-inflammatory foods star in this whole grain breakfast. Make it and keep it in the refrigerator for breakfast or snacks, and you can get a good start on your anti-inflammatory foods for the day.
- 2 cups non-dairy milk I used cashew-almond
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups thick rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sour cherry juice concentrate
- fresh berries
In a 2-3 cup storage tub, combine the milk, turmeric, ginger and black pepper. Whisk to mix well. Stir in the oats and cover the tub, refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
Stir the oats until they are creamy. Serve topped with berries and drizzled with cherry concentrate.